One of the questions I get ALL the time is, “Do I really need lip liner?” The answer…not an easy one! I don’t always wear lip liner because to be honest I’m lazy. It’s an additional step that I don’t always feel is necessary, but when I do wear it I under my lipstick it lasts SO much longer!
So since the question I’m broaching today doesn’t really have a clear cut answer I’m going to give you a couple tips I’ve learned over the years when it comes to lip liner!
- ALWAYS exfoliate your lips before using it. Lip liner is way less forgiving that lipstick and if your lips are dry and flaky lip liner is only going to make them a million times worse, plus your lipstick will apply terribly.
- Don’t just “line” your lips with your lip liner, color in your whole mouth. When your lipstick starts to wear off, you want it to wear evenly. Plus since your lip liner acts as an adhesive to your lipstick you want it keeping ALL of your lipstick on, not just the outer edge.
- You don’t need a lip liner color to match every shade of lipstick you where. I suggest having a nude shade, a red shade and maybe one other shade of a color you were all the time like a berry.
I may not have answering the burning question, “Do I really need lip liner?”, but I hope these tips can help you if you do plan on using it! In my opinion, when I actually remember to wear it, my lipstick lasts WAY longer!!
Recreate this Clarins look with these steps:
- Apply Clarins Cream-to-Powder Matte Eyeshadow in Ivory (c/o) from lashes to brow. Apply shade 4 from Clarins 4-Colour Eyeshadow Palette in Forest (c/o) to crease and blend. Apply shade 1 from same palette lid and under brows and blend. Apply shade 2 from same palette along lower lashes and blend.
- Line upper lashes with Clarins Graphik Ink Liner in Intense Black (c/o).
- Color in lips with Clarins Lipliner Pencil in Roseberry (c/o), top with Clarins Joli Rouge in Deep Red (c/o).
Clarins is currently having their Friends & Family Sale (now through 10/15) so if you like any of these products I highly suggest picking them up during the next 2 weeks!
Buy 1 Items get 15% off
Buy 2 Items get 20% off
Buy 3+ Items get 25% off
Disclosure: The post was sponsored by Clarins, but all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that make this blog possible.