So today’s travel post is a little different than my other travel posts because it’s not necessarily a guide, it’s more of a post to inspire you and spark your interest in traveling to the Bahamas. First let me give you a little back story on this trip…I went to Baha Mar in May as my brother’s guest on a trip he won through his company for making President’s Club. It was a group of about 40 people who went and our flights and rooms were paid for along a few excursions and dinners plus we got a stipend for spending money. I’m still not sure how I convinced my brother to take me on this trip (let’s just say I begged him for the few months leading up to it!), but I’m SO grateful he ended up taking me because Baha Mar is hands down on of the most beautiful resorts I’ve ever been to and now I’m about to convince you why you should visit it!
As I mentioned above this isn’t a traditional guide because while I had an absolutely amazing time I did a lot of things with a group and I don’t think I can truly give you a guide to the resort, so instead I’m going to give you a brief overview, then share 25 of the most jaw dropping photos of Baha Mar AND then I’m going to share a few of my recommendations so that if you do visit Baha Mar you know what not to miss once you’re there!
Baha Mar is a new resort on Nassau’s Cable Beach in the Bahamas. There are 3 hotels on the property – the Rosewood, SLS and the Grand Hyatt (where we stayed). All of the hotels are connected on the main level with their own lobbies/concierges, a huge casino, stores, lounges, bars and more restaurants than you can count! On the Baha Mar property there is also a spa, golf course, racquet club, nature sanctuary, ENORMOUS convention center, white sand beach, 10 pools…oooo and they have a private island….what I told you it was AMAZING! The best part is that it’s only a short flight (barely 3 hours from New York), so if you’re looking for a Caribbean vacation that that doesn’t take forever to get to I can’t recommend it enough (it’s even worth noting that it’s a short drive from the airport to the resort too – only about 15 minutes)!
So if that didn’t convince you then maybe these 25 photos will make you want to visit Baha Mar…because let me tell you, after putting together this post I’m absolutely thinking about booking a trip back!
My Must-Do Recommendations if you Visit Baha Mar:
- Make a reservation for a table outside in the garden at Carna! Order the Whipped Potatoes, Wild Mushrooms as sides and split one of their Steaks with someone in your group. Make sure to order a few sauces too (Chimichurri and Horseradish Cream were our favorites!)
- Stop by Flamingo Cay during their daily parades (yes, this is exactly what it sounds like…a parade of flamingos and isn’t not to be missed!)
- Eat dinner at Katsuya and make sure to start with an order the Popcorn Rock Shrimp and Spicy Tuna Crispy Rice!
- Grab a drink at Skybar at the SLS, the island’s only rooftop lounge, at sunset!
- Get a massage at ESPA spa. It was one of the most relaxing massages I’ve ever gotten and the sauna and steam room are amazing. I could’ve stayed there for hours!
- Grab a coffee and Madeleine cookies at Cafe Madeline. Not only is the inside of this French Bakery Instagram perfect, but everything I tried there was delicious!
- Looking for a late night snack (or meal)? Don’t miss the Swimming Pig! Their burgers and fries were BEYOND delicious!
- Order an Agave Swizzle from the Monkey Bar in the SLS Lobby!
Looking for more travel guides? Check out my most popular posts from the past year:
How to Spend 48 Hours in New Orleans in the Summer
The Ten Best Things to Do in Kauai
Five Fantastic Reasons to Visit Maui Right Now
The BEST Hotel in Maui You Need To Know About
Where NOT to Stay In Punta Cana
How to Do Universal and Disney in Three Days
You can also follow my new Travel Hashtag on Instagram #TravelAfterMidnite
Pin my 25 photos that will make you want to visit baha mar post for later: