If you don’t have a Jade Roller or Ice Roller I can guarantee by the time you’re done reading this post you’ll been ordering one. And in the quarantined self isolated world we’re currently living in this inexpensive beauty tool is about to your favorite thing you own – perfect for a night or day of self care. I also swear using my facial roller relieves stress which I think is really important now more than ever!
I have both facial massagers and if you’ve been following me for a while you probably already know which one I prefer, but I’m going to lay it all out for you can you can decide what’s the best facial roller for you.
Benefits of using a Jade Roller:
- Known for increasing blood flow and circulation
- Calms the skin
- Smooths fine lines and wrinkles
- Increases lymphatic drainage
- Helps the skin absorb topical creams
- Soothes the mind and releases negative thoughts
- Smaller roller end is specifically designed for the delicate area around your eyes
Benefits of using an Ice Roller:
- Reduces puffiness and swelling
- Improves blood circulation
- Shrinks the size of your pores
- Helps with lymphatic drainage
- Reduces redness and irritation
- Brightens under-eye circles
- Tightens jawline
- Helps skincare products absorb better into skin
- Helps soothe headaches
- Eases sore or tense muscles
No matter which of these face rollers you choose to purchase you should know that no matter what time of day you use your roller, you should always use it at the end of your skin care routine. Wash your face and complete your skincare routine THEN use your facial roller. Not only will the oil, moisturizer or serum you apply help the roller glide, but it was also absorb better into the skin. You can use your roller however works best for you, but for the best results I suggest rolling upwards and outwards from the center of your face. Also make sure you wash your roller with soap when you’re done using it and let it dry completely before storing it back in the fridge and freezer.
The benefits are pretty much the same, but I’m on Team Ice Roller! I think the deciding factor for me is that it stays cold for a really long time. I actually had a Jade Roller first and I would get so annoyed with how it would get warm in under 5 minutes, so when I got an Ice Roller and it stayed cold for 30+ minutes it quickly became my favorite of the two. I still like to use my Jade Roller for under my eyes sometimes because it’s smaller and easier to move around the delicate area of your eyes, but other than that I’m all for ice rolling!
Personally I like to use my Ice Roller at night after applying this anti-wrinkle oil, but over the past few weeks I’ve been know to pull it out while on FaceTime/Zoom/Houseparty with friends. Also worth mentioning that I only store the actual roller in the freezer (in a Ziploc bag), not the handle.
Jade and ice rollers aren’t the only face rollers on the market! Here are a few more that you may be interested in:
- Stainless steel ice rollers stay colder longer than other ice rollers, but essentially does the same things as them.
- Great for cooling and de-puffing, soothes skin irritation, improves blood flow, helps alleviate muscle soreness, tension headaches and swelling
- Gua sha tools promote the lifting and smoothing of the skin
- It’s known for relieving facial and jaw tension, it visibly lifts and contours the face and is great to drain lymph nodes and sinuses
- I need to get back on my daily gua sha routine, but when I was religiously using it every morning or night the difference in my face was VISIBLE. It instantly looked lifted and I looked more awake by just using it for 10 minutes.
- If you want to start a gua sha routine I highly suggest looking up videos on YouTube on different techniques to achieve the results you’re looking for.
- Used for over 5000 years by Ayurvedic practitioners, the Kansa Wand not only boosts circulation, plumps, depuffs, firms and softens fine lines, but when acids are released from the body in conjunction with the facial tool, it delivers a greying effect on the skin. The grey effect signifies that your skin is detoxing.
- A vibrating massage tool that instantly makes your skin feel revived.
- The vibrations mimic the effects of a massage, instantly relaxing your face
- Designed with balls to help massage your facial contours for a natural, sculpted appearance.
- Mimics the effect of a deep-kneading professional facial massage revealing a more glowy appearance temporarily without any downtime
Pin my What’s the Best Facial Roller for You? Post for LATER:
Looking for more skincare recommendations? Check out these posts:
6 Clean Beauty Products That Are Helping Clear my Adult Acne
Three Things that Saved my Dry Skin this Month
Five of my Favorite Beauty Tools You Should Try this Year