I can’t tell you the last time I got a peaceful, refreshing, full night of sleep, but that doesn’t mean I can’t LOOK like I’ve gotten 12 hours of blissful rest (when in fact I got 5 hours of restless sleep)! When you work full time, run a blog and try to maintain some semblance of a personal and social life it’s hard to get the right amount of sleep every night. On top of that, the nights where I actually get to bed at a normal hour my mind is going a mile a minute thinking of all the things I have to do the next day that I don’t sleep very soundly.
I know I’m not the only one functioning on less sleep than recommended so today I’m sharing my five ways to fake a full night of sleep in hopes to power you through your Monday and the rest of your week!
1. Invest in a good eye cream! Right now my go-to eye cream for reviving the delicate skin around my eyes is Clarins Multi-Active Eye Cream. I use it morning and night and it smooths fine lines, brightens the eye area, minimizes dark circles and the cold metal tip decreases puffiness (and feels really nice on your skin). Eye cream can make a huge difference to your skin and no matter what your age if you’re not using one yet I highly recommend starting now!.
2. HYDRATE! I know your first instinct will be to grab a large coffee when you don’t get enough sleep, but you’re better off grabbing a large glass of water (and to keep drinking it throughout the course of the day)! Hydration combats tiredness way more effective in the long run than caffeine will. Not saying you should give up your morning cup of jo, but make sure you grab a water with it.
3. Less is more when it comes to foundation. I know you’ll probably want to apply more foundation than usual to mask your tired look, but it’s actually better to lighten up your normal foundation and concealer routine because a dewy look will make your skin look more awake. I suggest only applying a liquid or cream foundation/concealer under eyes and on imperfections. If you need a little more then I would color correct first and apply a light coat of foundation over. And go lightly on the powder!
4. Don’t skip the blush! Dusting a rosy color on your cheeks will make you look more youthful and in turn more awake. I also love applying a little bit of blush above my eyebrows for an instant lift!
5. Open up your eyes! There’s a couple tricks I use to fake a more awake look. First I curl my lashes, this will instantly open up your eyes. Then I only apply mascara on my top lashes, this will make your eyes look much larger. Then finally I highlight, applying a tiny bit of highlighter to the inner corners of each eye and under your brow will make your seem more awake and will make your eyes shine! You can also line your waterline with white or nude eyeliner if you need even more help!
I hope these 5 tricks will help you next time you don’t get enough sleep! Leave me a comment and let me know what some of your ways to fake a full night of sleep are!
Disclosure: The post was sponsored by Clarins, but all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that make this blog possible.
Leave a Reply