I know everyone is on a natural makeup high (myself included) after this weekend’s Royal Wedding, but I’m doing a complete 180 and instead of sharing one for today’s Makeup Monday post, I’m sharing a daring Barbie Doll makeup look! Most days you can catch me in minimal makeup – light foundation, bronzer, blush, brows and mascara – but then there are those days where blue eyeshadow and iridescent lip gloss is calling my name and this was one of those days.
I don’t know why most women are so afraid of blue eyeshadow. Is it a little out there? Yes, but it’s wearable! And if you’re afraid to take the whole blue eyeshadowed plunge, why not start with a swipe of blue eyeliner to test the waters. I actually used blue eyeshadow and blue eyeliner to create this look, but you could easily just use one or the other!
As for these iridescent lips…I mean I couldn’t think of a better finish for this pale pink lipstick! Just the right amount of sheen and so much dimension when it catches the light. If you’re a little leery about this combo I suggest adding the iridescent gloss over a nude lipstick or just wearing it on it’s own.
And now for the skin, the biggest takeaway from Meghan Markle’s wedding day makeup for me! I know I tend to do a little bit of crazy makeup, but one thing that remains consist with all my looks is fresh, flushed skin. Less is more when it comes to foundation for me and I’d much rather just cover up imperfections (for me it’s the skin on and around my nose), then cover everything.
Scroll down for more photos of the Barbie Doll makeup and leave me a comment to let me know what you think! Would you wear this look?
How to Do Barbie Doll Makeup:
- Prep skin with Derma E Advanced Peptide and Collagen Serum (c/o). Prime face with Maybelline FaceStudio Master Prime Blue + Illuminate (c/o). Apply Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick with e.l.f.’s Foundation Blurring Brush. Conceal under eye circles with bareMinerals BAREPRO 16-HR Full Coverage Concealer (c/o).
- Prep lids with Ulta Matte Eye Primer (c/o). Apply blue shade from e.l.f. x Christian Siriano Eyeshadow Palette (c/o) to entire lid and along lower lashes and white shade under brows. Apply shade 9 (blue shade on bottom row) from NYX Ultimate Multi Finish Shadow Palette in Electric (c/o) over other blue shadow. Line upper lashes with e.l.f. Waterproof Metallic Liner in Blue Moon (c/o). Line waterline with Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil in Heartless (c/o).
- Curl eyelashes and apply 2 coats of tarte Tarteist Lash Paint Mascara (c/o) to upper and lower lashes. Apply Ardell Double Wispies Lashes.
- Set under eye concealer with e.l.f. Perfect Finish HD Powder (c/o). Apply bronze shade from Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette in Naked (c/o) to hollows of cheeks and around hair line. Apply blush shade from same palette to apples of cheeks and blend. Highlight cheekbones, nose, under brows and inner corners of eyes with highlighter from same palette. Highlight cheekbone, down nose, inner corners of eyes and under brows with e.l.f. cosmetics Illuminating Palette (c/o).
- Groom brows with NYX Micro Brow Pencil (c/o). Set brows in place with e.l.f. Sweat Resistant Brow Gel (c/o).
- Apply e.l.f. Matte Lip Color in Tea Rose (c/o) to lips, topped with e.l.f. Metal Latte Liquid Lipstick in Rose Quartz (c/o).
Leave a Reply