I might be in the minority here, but I’m dying for it to snow again. I mean it’s January 25th and we’ve gotten little to no snow, but we have gotten plenty of ice, sleet and rain paired with frigid temperatures so in preparation for more wintry weather I thought I would share my five pairs of must have winter boots with you! There’s nothing worse then not being prepared for winter weather and in New York that means a proper coat and appropriate footwear. If you live somewhere other than the northern part of the country you can obviously get away with having less than 5 pairs of winter boots, but I’m here to argue my case for these particular pairs of must have winter boots.
Noize Fur Hood Trimmed Parka c/o | similar Red Beanie | Oversized Turtleneck Sweater | Zella High Waist Leggings (best leggings ever!) | GiGi New York Crossbody Bag c/o (ONSALE!) | Red Faux Leather Gloves | SOREL Cate the Great Boots c/o (30% off!)
My 5 Pairs of Must Have Winter Boots:
1. A fashionable pair of waterproof winter boots like these Sorel Cate the Great Wedge Boots. I know what you’re thinking…how could wedge boots be practical in the snow and ice and why do I need them? Never did I ever think I would wear winter boots like this, but my other snow boots are so bulky and heavy that they just aren’t practical to wear for anything other than shoveling snow or playing in the snow. I wear these pretty much everyday there’s a chance of snow or ice, and unlike my more bulky snow boots I don’t have to change out of these once I get to my destination. They are fashionable and practical enough to leave on all day no matter what the weather! And they’re insanely comfortable making these number one on my must have winter boots list!
2. A no-nonsense pair of waterproof snow boots like Sorel’s Joan of Arctic Boot. These babies will keep your feet dry and warm no matter what the conditions are outside. I’ve had mine for years and they are still like new. They are a little bulky for everyday wear though so I mostly wear these when we have a big storm or when I’m shoveling show, but am likely to change out of them once I’m inside.
3. A waterproof hiking boot like L.L.Bean’s Bean Boots. I never knew I needed a pair of winter hiking boots until I actually went hiking over the holidays and realized my snow boots were entirely too bulky to hike in, but it was too cold and icy to wear sneakers (I actually ended up wearing the boots in these photos!). These don’t have to be for just hiking, they are perfect for taking walks, doing a little bit of exploring or even going sledding! They might not have made my must have winter boots list last year, but this year they’re a must for me!
4. Uggs. No explanation needed other than the fact that they’re insanely comfortable and warm and everyone needs a pair especially now that they made a line of them they are water resistant. I know Uggs get a bad rap sometimes, but they’re the best.
5. A pair of rain boots for when it’s really wet outside, but not too cold! I’m partial to my Sam Edelman Rain Boots, but I know a lot of people love Hunter’s Tall Rain Boots. While rain boots will keep your feet nice and dry they won’t keep them particularly warm, so if you plan on wearing them in the snow I would invest on a couple pairs of boot socks!
Now you might not need ALL 5 pairs of these boots depending on what your winter activities consist of, but for a snow loving girl like myself all of these are essential! Winter boots may not be cheap, but they last forever. Over the years I’ve slowly acquired almost all of these type of boots and I know they will last me for years to come. I plan on adding a pair of waterproof light weight hiking boots to my closet this year.
PS I updated the About Me section of my blog! Check it out!
Fantastic post, I very like your outfit 🙂
Such a nice post. Really like it.
Beautiful inspirational photos! 🙂
kisses from Italy