Not going to lie ALL of my past airbrush makeup posts were a piece of cake compared to this one! Airbrush eyeshadow is HARD. If you follow me on Instagram and watch my stories then you know that creating this purple airbrush eyeshadow makeup look took a couple tries and while I am happy with the results I know it’s going to take a lot more practice until I’m really comfortable doing it.
I decided I would do my eye makeup before I applied my face makeup in case my aim wasn’t so good and I made a mess and I’m SO glad I did. On the first try I held the stylus way too close to my lid, I applied WAY too much product, I accidentally applied the color all the way up to my eyebrow, and I didn’t let it dry so it creased the second I blinked…complete disaster. But I didn’t give up, I wiped it off and started again!
Here are a few tips I learned via trial and error for applying airbrush eyeshadow on yourself:
- Shake the eyeshadow bottle really good before you start using it. I found that the eyeshadow separates way easier than any of the face products I have.
- Keep the stylus about 6 inches away from your face and as always keep it moving. Instead of moving it in a circular motion, keep you hand moving in a sweeping semi circle motion. I pretty much followed the shape of the crease of my eye to apply color to my lid.
- Apply the airbrush eyeshadow in extremely thin layers and wait for it to dry before applying another layer if you desire a darker color.
- If you happen to get eyeshadow in an area that you didn’t mean to (like I definitely did), just remove it with Q-tip and makeup remover.
Luminess Airbrush Eye Shadows in Shade 6, 16, 41 & 28. (I used the purple and white shades to create this purple airbrush eyeshadow makeup look)
Purple Airbrush Eyeshadow Makeup Tutorial:
- Apply shade 16 (purple) to lid concentrating on the crease.
- Apply shade 6 (white) to inner corner of eyes and under brows.
- Clean up any stray color with a Q-tip soaked in makeup remover.
- Line upper lashes with black liquid liner. Line waterline with white eyeliner.
- Curl lashes and apply 3 coats of mascara on top and bottom lashes.
Looking for more airbrush makeup inspiration? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Airbrush Makeup, Easy Flawless Skin Makeup Tutorial & Classic Holiday Makeup with Luminess Air.
Luminess Air is offering all my readers 20% off their entire site so you can pick up an airbrush machine or anything else for yourself. Use Code: 868949354 Happy Shopping!
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Luminess Air, but all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that make this blog possible.
Leave a Reply