Unless you’ve been living under a rock or in an influencer-free world then you know it’s THAT time of year – the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale time of year, “Nordstrom’s biggest fashion event of the year”…”one the most highly anticipated sales of the years for shoppers” – and I can guarantee that by the time the sale goes live for the “public” (non card holding customers) on July 17th you’ll be ready to pull your hair out from hearing about it so much.
A little backstory on the infamous Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, or the NSale as many people call it. It’s one of the only big retailer sales on new arrivals and must-have essentials on clothing, shoes, handbags, accessories, jewelry, cosmetics, fragrances, home goods and more. What makes it different from other sales is that it is a sale on new arrivals as opposed to items that the store is trying to get rid of before the next season.
I’m here to tell you for what feels like the 100th year in a row that “NO, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is ABSOLUTELY NOT worth the hype“.
It used to be much, much better than it is now. And I swear a lot of brands make Nordstrom Anniversary Sale-specific items that are lower quality than the items they sell during the rest of the year. But that’s another post for another day.
The ONLY Things Worth Buying from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
Today’s post is about the ONLY things I think are worth buying from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I own every single one of these items and can vouch that they are all in fact worth it…BUT only if you had your eye on them already.
For example, a TON of you have been asking me about the eyelash serum that I shared in THIS IG VIDEO and it’s included in the sale. So if you’ve been wanting to try it now is a great time. Also my go-to Spanx underwear are included – these smooth me our in all the right places and show no panty lines! AND not only are 2 different NuFACE Facial Toning Devices on sale (the Trinity+ and the MINI+), but a 2 pack of the Hydrating Aqua Gel is also included.
So check out my round up of things worth buying from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and let me know if you’ll be shopping! And remember don’t get caught up in the internet hype of the sale.
What to buy during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
- Sale Price: $265.00 | $395 Value
- What it is: A microcurrent skin-care regimen that smooths, lifts and contours the face for a brilliant, youthful complexion.
- What it does: The NuFACE Trinity Toning System comes with the NuFACE Trinity Facial Trainer, a microcurrent treatment attachment FDA-cleared for facial stimulation to gently stimulate the larger surface areas of the face. As we age, our body’s natural current begins to slow down (just like our metabolism), leading to sagging skin, loss of contour and wrinkles. Microcurrent mimics this natural current and goes beyond skin deep to tone facial muscles while improving contour and skin tone and reducing the appearance of lines and wrinkles. The device works with the NuFACE app that allows you to access professional tutorials tailored to you, see progress with selfies, set custom reminders and celebrate achievements.
- I’m a HUGE fan of my NuFACE and can’t recommend it enough! I look lifted and more contoured, and just feel more confident after using it! Check out my before & after video!
- Engineered to outpace the demands of urban running, this sock-fit shoe sports a ribbed lacing cage that locks your foot comfortably to the springy foam sole.
- I know sneakers aren’t necessarily one style fits all, but I can’t recommend ON Cloud sneakers enough! These are the ones I leave at work to walk on my walking pad every day and I’ve never had any pain (and I easily walk 5+ miles a day in them)
- The ON Cloud X 3 Training Shoe is also part of the Nordstrom Sale
- Sale Price: $165.00 | $245 Value
- What it is: A mini microcurrent skin-care regimen that smoothes, lifts and contours the face for a brilliant, youthful complexion.
- What it does: The NuFACE starter kit comes with the NuFACE MINI+ Smart Petite Facial Toning Device, a microcurrent treatment attachment that is FDA-cleared to gently stimulate the larger surface areas of the face. As we age, our body’s natural current begins to slow down (just like our metabolism), leading to sagging skin, loss of contour and wrinkles. Microcurrent mimics this natural current and goes beyond skin deep to tone facial muscles while improving contour and skin tone and reducing the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
- The only differences between the MINI+ and the Trinity+ are that you can add different attachments to the Trinity+ to target the lips and eyes and you can add a LED red light wrinkle reducer. If you’re looking to stay well under $200 the MINI+ is a great device (it’s what I have!)
- Sale Price: $39.99 | After Sale $59.00
- What it is: Built from moisture-wicking fabric and fitted with a no-slip waistband, these stretchy, figure-sculpting leggings keep you cool as your workout warms up.
- I know they’re advertised as workout leggings, but these are my favorite non-workout everyday leggings!
- Available in black & deep purple.
- Sale Price: $64.99 | After Sale: $98.00
- Everyone and their mother may have these, but the SPANX faux leather leggings are actually worth it! I’ve had mine for years and they still look new!
- They run small so order one size up!
- Available in Regular & Petite Sizes!
- Sale Price: $43.00 | $64 Value
- What it is: A duo of SPF bestsellers packed with skin care ingredients for healthier, happier skin from head to toe.
- Set includes: Full-size Glow Stick SPF 50, a portable, glow-boosting dry oil sunscreen stick with SPF 50 for your face, chest and shoulders, AND Full-size Glowscreen SPF 40 Sunscreen, an illuminating multitasker that protects skin and offers a dewy, glowy finish.
- Anytime my favorite sunscreen is on sale I take advantage! This is the perfect duo to get you through the end of the summer!
- Sale Price: $52.00 | $78 Value
- What it is: A set of three sunscreens from Supergoop that will keep your skin prepared and protected.
- Set includes: Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA+++ (2 sizes), a totally invisible, weightless, scent-free, makeup-gripping daily primer with broad-spectrum SPF 40 protection AND Play Everyday Lotion SPF 50 Sunscreen, a fast-absorbing, nongreasy, water- and sweat-resistant, reef-safe, broad-spectrum SPF 50 lotion for your face and body
- If you’re not into glowy or shiny sunscreen then this set is for you!
- Sale Price: $39.00 | $68 Value
- What it is: A set of the hydrating gel that instantly provides a thirst-quenching burst of hydration to skin for up to 24 hours.
- What it does: This gel is formulated with the brand’s IonPlex, which helps activate microcurrent from your device for optimal results (device sold separately). It leaves skin feeling soft and looking vibrant for an all-day glow.
- Its a personal preference, but I like to use this gel with my NuFACE and it can get expensive so when it goes on sale I always grab it!
- Sale Price: $100.00 | $211 Value
- What it is: A set featuring the original Physician developed lash and eyebrow conditioners.
- This is lash serum I’ve been raving about for years, so if you’re one of the people that has asked me how my lashes are so long…THIS, this is how they’re so long! I use this serum everyday.
- This product may be pricey, but it 100% works and the bottle lasts a long time.
- Also worth noting I have pretty sensitive eyes and skin and this doesn’t bother me at all! I’ve also never personally experienced any discoloration on my eyelids from it.
- Sale Price: $81.99 | After Sale: $117.00
- What it is: A diffuser that allows you to customize your scent experience with premium fragrances from the convenience of your smartphone.
- If you’ve been following me on Instagram for a while then you know that I had an issue with Pura customer service around Christmas of last year, but the product itself is great and definitely the best diffuser I’ve ever used! I love the Capri Blue fragrances so this is definitely a deal if you’re a fan of them too!
Now I know I said these are the only things worth buying from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, but I do like a few other items! Not sure if I’ll end up buying them, but figured I’d share them anyway!
I’ve also rounded up a few items that caught my eye, but I’m not sure I’ll end up getting:
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2023 Important Dates
Not going to lie, this sale can get kind of confusing, so here’s a great little chart to explain the important shopping dates for each status level! The date that Nordstrom cardholders get to start shopping is determined by status level (Icon, Ambassador, or Influencer), which is set by annual purchase amount. Then on July 17th the sale is open to the public.