Unless you’ve been living under a rock or in an influencer-free world then you know it’s THAT time of year – the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale time of year, “Nordstrom’s biggest fashion event of the year”…”one the most highly anticipated sales of the years for shoppers” – and I can guarantee that by the time the sale goes live for the “public” (non card holding customers) on July 15th you’ll be ready to pull your hair out from hearing about it so much.
A little backstory on the infamous Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, or the NSale as many people call it. It’s one of the only big retailer sales on new arrivals and must-have essentials on clothing, shoes, handbags, accessories, jewelry, cosmetics, fragrances, home goods and more. What makes it different from other sales is that it is a sale on new arrivals as opposed to items that the store is trying to get rid of before the next season.
I’m here to tell you for what feels like the 100th year in a row that “NO, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is ABSOLUTELY NOT worth the hype“.
It used to be much, much better than it is now. And I swear a lot of brands make Nordstrom Anniversary Sale-specific items that are lower quality than the items they sell during the rest of the year. But that’s another post for another day.
The ONLY Things Worth Buying from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
Today’s post is about the ONLY things I think are worth buying from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I own every single one of these items (except I own last year’s Vince Camuto wide calf boots) and can vouch that they are all in fact worth it…BUT only if you had your eye on them already.
For example, a TON of you have been asking me about the eyelash serum that I shared in THIS IG VIDEO and it’s included in the sale. So if you’ve been wanting to try it now is a great time. Also my go-to Spanx are included. I literally JUST bought a nude pair (I already own the black) to wear under my bridesmaid dress last month. Also my favorite straw hat that you guys have seen me wear approximately 38920890 times is included in the sale. So if you’ve been eyeing it you might as well snag it for $20 off!
So check out my round up of things worth buying from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and let me know if you’ll be shopping! And remember don’t get caught up in the internet hype of the sale.
What to buy during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
- Sale Price: $98.00 (for TWO) | Normally $98.00 each
- What it is: A duo of finely calibrated, scientifically driven eyelash serums to address the signs of eyelash aging and stress.
- This is lash serum I’ve been raving about for years, so if you’re one of the people that has asked me how my lashes are so long…THIS, this is how they’re so long! I use this serum everyday.
- This product may be pricey, but it 100% works and the bottle lasts a long time.
- Also worth noting I have pretty sensitive eyes and skin and this doesn’t bother me at all! I’ve also never personally experienced any discoloration on my eyelids from it.
- Sale Price: $46.00 | $75 Value
- What it is: A set of the brand’s popular leave-on exfoliant with 2% BHA and salicylic acid in full and travel sizes.
- If you’re not using a chemical exfoliator NOW is the time! It exfoliates dead skin cells while clearing out my pores! This one doesn’t irritate my skin, gets it SO smooth and leaves it looking radiant.
- Sale Price: $51.90 | After Sale: $78.00
- What is is: This sculpting shaper is lightweight and powerful, featuring fully-bonded front-panels for a flat stomach and edge-bonded side panels for squeeze-free slimming.
- These are my favorite SPANX to wear under dresses. They go up to your bra so there’s no awkward lines around your stomach and the shorts actually stay put and don’t cut into my thighs! I have them in both black and nude!
- Available in Regular & Plus Sizes!
- Sale Price: $64.90 | After Sale: $98.00
- Everyone and their mother may have these, but the SPANX faux leather leggings are actually worth it! I’ve had mine for years and they still look new!
- They run small so order one size up!
- Available in Regular & Petite Sizes!
Vince Camuto Tressara Pointed Toe Knee High Boot (Wide Calf Options)
- Wide Calf Sale Price $169.99 | After Sale $249.00
- Regular Calf Sale Price $149.99 | After Sale $249.00
- What it is: A leather knee-high boot raised on a sculptural heel and outfitted with a pointy toe.
- Vince Camuto always includes at least 1 pair of wide calf boots in the Anniversary Sale and this year’s didn’t disappoint! The heel is the perfect height & the zipper goes all the way up!
- Wide calf boots available in Black & Tortilla (a light tan color). Regular calf boots available in Black, Tortilla, Creamy White, Deep Green Croc and Root Beer Suede.
- The only thing I don’t understand is why the after sale price is the same for both the wide calf & regular calf boots, but the sale price is a $20 difference! Annoying!
- Sale Price: $32.90 | After Sale $59.00
- What it is: Built from moisture-wicking fabric and fitted with a no-slip waistband, these stretchy, figure-sculpting leggings keep you cool as your workout warms up.
- I know they’re advertised as workout leggings, but these are my favorite non-workout everyday leggings!
- Available in Black & Gray Forged.
- Sale Price: $36.90 | After Sale: $55.00
- What it is: This wheat-straw hat keeps it classic with a wide grosgrain band and a logo plaque stitched to the bow.
- Literally the only straw hat you ever see me wear! I have it in 2 colors!
- Available in Dusty Rose & Honey/Burnt Henna
- Sale Price: $41.00 | $61 Value
- What it is: A duo of SPF bestsellers packed with skin care ingredients for healthier, happier skin from head to toe.
- Set includes: Full-size Glow Stick SPF 50, a portable, glow-boosting dry oil sunscreen stick with SPF 50 for your face, chest and shoulders, AND Full-size Glowscreen SPF 40 Sunscreen, an illuminating multitasker that protects skin and offers a dewy, glowy finish.
- Anytime my favorite sunscreen is on sale I take advantage! This is the perfect duo to get you through the end of the summer!
Now I know I said these are the only things worth buying from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, but I have my eye on one item that I think I’m going to pick up this year…
NUFACE Mini Starter Kit! It’s a natural, noninvasive, anti-aging solution for those looking for that first step into microcurrent treatments! This petite, portable microcurrent facial toning device is FDA-cleared for facial stimulation and gently works to stimulate the larger surface areas of the face to provide a five-minute facial lift. As we age, our body’s natural current begins to slow down (just like our metabolism), leading to sagging skin, loss of contour and wrinkles. Microcurrent mimics this natural current and goes beyond skin deep to tone facial muscles while improving contour and skin tone, and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Normally it’s $209, but it’s on sale for $135! You never know…if I like it maybe it’ll make it onto next year’s list of things worth buying.
I’ve also rounded up a few items that caught my eye, but I’m not sure I’ll end up getting:
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2022 Important Dates
Not going to lie, this sale can get kind of confusing, so here’s a great little chart to explain the important shopping dates for each status level! The date that Nordstrom cardholders get to start shopping is determined by status level (Icon, Ambassador, or Influencer), which is set by annual purchase amount. Then on July 15th the sale is open to the public.