I know I already created two ultra violet makeup looks this year, but I’m completely smitten with this color and just had to create another! This time I went for a monochromatic ultra violet makeup look and I can’t get over how much I love it! I don’t necessarily have a favorite color, but if I had to choose I would definitely say it was purple. Fun fact, purple is the color most often associated with royalty, magic and mystery. And if that doesn’t intrigue you, purple compliments pretty much every skin tone. From warm to cool, light to dark, the color purple in general, and specifically this vibrant ultra violet shade looks great.
Whether you choose to wear it via clothing, accessories, nail polish or makeup I challenge you to give it a try!
MONOCHROMATIC ULTRA VIOLET MAKEUP TUTORIAL:
- Prime face with Maybelline FaceStudio Master Prime Blue + Illuminate (c/o). Prime under eye with Maybelline FaceStudio Master Camo Color Correcting Pen (c/o). Apply Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick with e.l.f.’s Foundation Blurring Brush. Conceal under eye circles with Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer.
- Prep lids with Ulta Matte Eye Primer (c/o). Apply Vibrant Purple Eyeshadow from the BH Cosmetics 88 Color Matte Eyeshadow Palette to entire lid and along lower lashes., apply lighter purple/pink shade to crease and blend. Line upper lashes with Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner.
- Curl eyelashes and apply 2 coats of tarte Tarteist Lash Paint Mascara (c/o) to upper and lower lashes. Apply Ardell Double Wispies Lashes.
- Set under eye concealer with e.l.f. Perfect Finish HD Powder (c/o). Apply bronze shade from Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette in Naked (c/o) to hollows of cheeks and around hair line. Apply blush shade from same palette to apples of cheeks and blend. Highlight cheekbones, nose, under brows and inner corners of eyes with highlighter from same palette. Highlight cheekbone, down nose, inner corners of eyes and under brows with e.l.f. cosmetics Illuminating Palette (c/o).
- Groom brows with Kevyn Aucoin The Precision Brow Pencil (c/o). Set brows in place with e.l.f. Sweat Resistant Brow Gel (c/o).
- Apply BH Cosmetics Pop Art Lipstick in Bam (c/o) to lips. Top with e.l.f. cosmetics Lip Lacquer in Purple (c/o).