If this teal upside down eye makeup looks familiar to you it’s because this is actually the makeup look I created when I took over the e.l.f. cosmetics Snapchat last month! The entire experience of taking over their Snapchat account for the day and being able to interact with so many of their fans was one of the most fun blogging things I’ve ever done. Doing a step by step makeup look with one hand in 10 second increments on the other hand was quite the challenge, I applaud my fellow bloggers who post Snapchat tutorials all the time, I don’t know how you do it! BUT if you guys liked it I’m totally up for doing it again on my Instagram stories (which thankfully has the hands free feature so it’ll be a little easier!).
Onto this upside down eye makeup…I’m always up for trying new makeup trends, and while I don’t always love them, this is one trend I can absolutely get behind! I think the bold flash of color under my eyes instantly draws attention to them and who doesn’t love that! I went for a bright teal shade, but this trend would also look great with purple, rose, blue, orange…pretty much any color! And don’t be afraid to experiment a little, throw the traditional complimentary color rules out the window and opt for something a little more daring.
Teal Upside Down Eye Makeup Tutorial:
- Prep face with First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer (c/o). Apply Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation with a beautyblender. Conceal under eye circles with Wander Beauty Dualist Illuminating Concealer (c/o).
- Apply shade 1 from e.l.f. cosmetics Nude Rose Gold Palette (c/o) from lash line to brows. Apply shade 5 to crease and blend. With a flat brush apply e.l.f. cosmetics Long Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow in Toast to lid. Go back in with shade 5 from palette to blend the two formulas. Wet an angled eyeliner brush apply green shade from e.l.f. cosmetics Prism Eyeshadow Palette (c/o) in Smoke along lower lashes.
- Curl eyelashes and apply 2 coats of e.l.f. cosmetics 3-in-1 Mascara (c/o) to upper and lower lashes. Apply e.l.f. cosmetics Flirtatious Luxe Lash Kit (c/o).
- Set under eye concealer with Clinique Stay Matte Sheer Pressed Powder. Apply bronze shade from e.l.f. Beautifully Bare Natural Glow Face Palette (c/o) to hollows of cheeks and around hair line. Apply blush shade from same palette to apples of cheeks and blend.
- Groom brows with BH Cosmetics Ultimate Brow Palette (c/o).
- Highlight cheekbones, down center of nose, inner corners of eyes and under brows with e.l.f. Illuminating Palette (c/o).
- Apply e.l.f. cosmetics Matte Lip Color in Tea Rose (c/o) to lips, topped with e.l.f. cosmetics Tinted Lip Oil in Shimmer Red Kiss (c/o).