So this week’s Makeup Monday look is definitely NOT your average festive holiday makeup look, but since I hosted a Holiday Onesie Party over the weekend and clearly couldn’t wear run of the mill makeup for a ridiculous party like that I went a little overboard with LOTS of glitter, lashes and super glossy red lipstick. There’s only two times a year on my calendar that I can wear insane makeup out of the house…Halloween (obviously) and for a ridiculous themed holiday party, like a Onesie Party or an Ugly Sweater Party or a Christmas Pajama Party or something equally insane.
Why would I just wear a hilarious outfit, when I can makeup my face to match? If you didn’t catch it on Instagram stories, my onesie was covered in Christmas tree lights so why not light my face up also with lots of glitter. When I think back on it I should’ve added a few glitter stars, but I still think it came out pretty awesome! Do you have anywhere you can wear this crazy themed holiday party makeup this season? If not you should probably start party planning because our onesie party was probably the best party we’ve ever thrown!
SPARKLE SURPRISE: CRAZY THEMED HOLIDAY PARTY MAKEUP TUTORIAL:
- Apply Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick with e.l.f.’s Foundation Blurring Brush. Conceal under eye circles with Maybelline Instate Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer.
- Prep lids with Ulta Matte Eye Primer (c/o). Apply glitter primer to lids, gently pat Silver Loose Glitter onto lid. Apply L’Oreal Infallible Paints Metallics Eyeshadow in Aluminum Foil to crease and along lower lashes and blend. Line lashes with Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner.
- Curl eyelashes and apply 2 coats of Revlon Ultra Volume Mascara (c/o) to upper and lower lashes.Apply e.l.f. Cosmetics Winged & Bold Luxe Lash Kit (c/o). Line over lashes just to hide the lash band with e.l.f. Expert Liquid Liner.
- Set under eye concealer with e.l.f. Perfect Finish HD Powder (c/o). Apply bronze shade from Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette in Streak (c/o) to hollows of cheeks and around hair line. Apply blush shade from same palette to apples of cheeks and blend.
- Groom brows with Kevyn Aucoin The Precision Brow Pencil (c/o). Highlight cheekbones, nose, under brows and inner corners of eyes with e.l.f. Cosmetics Heart Defensor Highlighter Palette (c/o).
- Apply M.Y.O.B. Cosmetics Matte Liquid Lipstick in BESOS (c/o), top with e.l.f. cosmetics Lip Lacquer in Clear.
Looking for more Holiday Inspiration? Check out the Holiday tab at the top of my blog!
PrincessHiyah Akanqi says
I love this makeup look. I need to try something new for New Years Eve.