I know I know just a few weeks ago I was raving about how I found a new favorite red lipstick just in time for the Holidays, and I don’t plan on retiring it anytime soon, BUT I may have just found a new favorite Holiday lip color and it’s definitely a daring one! Chocolate cherry lipstick is the new red this Holiday season and I’m in LOVE. Sometimes you gotta switch it up and while I’m all about reds and burgundies and pretty much ever other color lipstick in existence but right now it’s ALL about chocolate cherry!
I didn’t have any shades like this in collection, so I created this custom color by mixing two liquid lipsticks I had and it turned out perfect. By mixing two different color lipsticks you can also customize more precisely the finished look. For this lip I applied two coats of Urban Decay Vice Liquid Lipstick in Rock Steady to my lips and then followed that withUrban Decay Vice Liquid Lipstick in Conspiracy to just the center of my lips and blended the two shades together!
So what do you think? Are you onboard with the chocolate cherry lipstick trend for the Holidays or will you be sticking to a more traditional red?
CHOCOLATE CHERRY LIPSTICK HOLIDAY MAKEUP TUTORIAL:
- Apply Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick with e.l.f.’s Foundation Blurring Brush. Conceal under eye circles with Kevyn Aucoin The Etherealist Super Natural Concealer (c/o).
- Prep lids with Ulta Matte Eye Primer (c/o). Apply shade 4 from e.l.f. Cosmetics Mad About Matte Palette (c/o) to entire lid. Apply shade 5 to crease and blend with a fluffy brush. Line upper lashes with Urban Decay All Nighter Eyeliner in Perversion and smudge. Liner lower lashes with e.l.f. Cosmetics Stardust Glitter Eyeliner in Shimmering Gold (c/o).
- Curl eyelashes and apply 2 coats of Revlon Ultra Volume Mascara (c/o) to upper and lower lashes. Apply The Vintage Cosmetics Company Lashes in Gracie (c/o). Line over lashes just to hide the lash band with e.l.f. Expert Liquid Liner.
- Set under eye concealer with e.l.f. Perfect Finish HD Powder (c/o). Apply bronze shade from Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette in Streak (c/o) to hollows of cheeks and around hair line. Apply blush shade from same palette to apples of cheeks and blend.
- Groom brows with Kevyn Aucoin The Precision Brow Pencil (c/o). Highlight cheekbones, nose, under brows and inner corners of eyes with e.l.f. Cosmetics Heart Defensor Highlighter Palette (c/o).
- Apply Urban Decay Vice Liquid Lipstick in Rock Steady (c/o) to lips. Apply Urban Decay Vice Liquid Lipstick in Conspiracy (c/o) to center of lips and blend together.
Looking for more Holiday Inspiration? Check out the Holiday tab at the top of my blog! Also make sure to check back on Wednesday for ALL the inside scoop on the best Black Friday and Cyber Monday Sales!