Who doesn’t love red lipstick for the holidays? And if you’re one of the rare people that tends to shy away from red, the holiday season is a perfect time to give it a try! This shade and formula in particular is new to me, but has quickly become a favorite red lipstick. It’s a creamy matte formula so you get that matte finish that is so on trend right now, but without the tight, dry feeling other matte lipsticks often give. The application was super smooth and this Rich Ruby shade is perfect for the Holidays.
I went full on party makeup for my first Holiday look of the season. Shimmery eye makeup, metallic glitter eye liner, lots of lashes and of course this perfect matte lip. If you thought I wasn’t going to add a touch of sparkle to all of my beauty looks this season too you’re sorely mistaken. A swipe of metallic eyeliner like this Urban Decay liquid liner is the perfect way to upgrade any makeup look for a Holiday party. It’s super sparkly when the light hits it, but not too crazy at the same time!
HOLIDAY PARTY MAKEUP TUTORIAL WITH MY NEW FAVORITE RED LIPSTICK:
- Prep face with derma E Hydrating Serum (c/o). Apply Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick with e.l.f.’s Foundation Blurring Brush. Conceal under eye circles with Kevyn Aucoin The Etherealist Super Natural Concealer (c/o).
- Prep lids with Ulta Matte Eye Primer (c/o). Apply shade 9 from BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Palette to lid and along lower lashes. Apply shade 15 to crease and blend. Line upper lashes with Kat Von D Tattoo Liner. Just above black liner add a line of Urban Decay Razor Sharp Water-Resistant Longwear Liquid Eyeliner in Snakebite. Highlight inner corners of eyes and under brows with shade 2.
- Curl eyelashes and apply 2 coats of Revlon Ultra Volume Mascara (c/o) to upper and lower lashes. Apply Ardel Natural Lashes #120.
- Set under eye concealer with Bare Minerals BAREPRO Powder Foundation (c/o). Apply bronze shade from e.l.f. Beautifully Bare Natural Glow Face Palette (c/o) to hollows of cheeks and around hair line. Apply blush shade from same palette to apples of cheeks and blend.
- Groom brows with Kevyn Aucoin The Precision Brow Pencil (c/o).
- Apply Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lip Color in Rich Ruby to lips.
Looking for more Holiday Inspiration? Check out the Holiday tab at the top of my blog!