It’s about that time of year when I start posting Halloween-esque makeup and I look insanely awkward in the photos because I can’t for the life of me take a photo with my mouth closed or without smiling. I can’t be the only one that thinks it’s super uncomfortable. I don’t know if it’s just instinct for me to smile the second a camera is turned on me, or that it’s close to impossible for me to actual close my mouth thanks to my giant teeth. But either way I can guarantee the only time you’ll see me not smile in a photo is during the month of October.
Ok onto more important things like this metallic eye paired with metallic lipstick. I’ve always been a huge fan of metallic eye makeup because it draws immediate attention to your eyes and gives somewhat of a sparkle, but I never thought about metallic lipstick until now. I mentioned that intense metallic makeup was in for Fall and I’m definitely committing to it with this look!
I got a couple shades of silver metallic lipstick that I DEFINITELY plan on using for another Halloween post, but I figured I’d ease into the bewitching season with this pretty copper lipstick that is definitely wearable especially for a night out!
So what do you think? Are you jumping on the metallic lipstick trend or are you passing on this one?
- Prep face with derma E Hydrating Serum (c/o). Apply Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick with e.l.f.’s Foundation Blurring Brush. Conceal under eye circles with Kevyn Aucoin The Etherealist Super Natural Concealer (c/o).
- Prep lids with Ulta Matte Eye Primer (c/o). Apply shade 3 from from Clarins 4-Colour Eyeshadow Palette in Forest (c/o) from lash line to crease. Apply shade 2 from BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Palette to crease and along outer half of lower lashes and blend. Apply shade 4 from Clarins palette and blend lid and crease colors together. Apply e.l.f. cosmetics Long Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow in Toast to inner corner of eyes and along inner half of lower lashes. Line upper lashes with Kat Von D Tattoo Liner.
- Curl eyelashes and apply 2 coats of Revlon Ultra Volume Mascara (c/o) to upper and lower lashes. Apply Betty Lashes from The Vintage Cosmetics Company (c/o)
- Set under eye concealer with Bare Minerals BAREPRO Powder Foundation (c/o). Apply bronze shade from e.l.f. Beautifully Bare Natural Glow Face Palette (c/o) to hollows of cheeks and around hair line. Apply blush shade from same palette to apples of cheeks and blend.
- Groom brows with Kevyn Aucoin The Precision Brow Pencil (c/o).
- Apply Maybelline Color Sensational Metallic Lipstick in Copper Spark to lips. Finish by patting Maybelline Color Sensational Metallic Lipstick in Molten Bronze to center of lips.