I’m not afraid to wear colorful makeup and you shouldn’t be afraid to wear it either! I get so many comments from readers that say they could “never pull off that color” and my immediate response back is always, “Have you ever tried it?”…9 out of 10 times the answer is no! How do you know you know you don’t like something or it doesn’t look good on you until you try it?
We’re talking about makeup here…not a permanent tattoo or even hair color that may be expensive to change…we’re talking about a swipe of bright colored lipstick or eyeliner that costs $5 from the drugstore and can be removed with some soap and water. AND you don’t even have to be skilled at doing your makeup to add a little bit of color to you beauty routine. If you know how to apply nude lipstick, then you know how to apply bright pink or purple or red!
It’s no surprise that I love color and I also love to experiment, especially with makeup! My advice to you is to start small with maybe a bold pink lip like this (PS it’s only $10) and work your way up to shimmery green eyeliner (like this) and burgundy ombre lipstick (like this). I’m not afraid to wear colorful makeup because it’s non-committal and it’s fun and it’s a great way to change up your look and makeup a statement without breaking the bank! Makeup is suppose to be fun so next time you’re getting ready for a night out grab that lipstick you’ve been leery to try and give it a shot.
Once you’re not afraid to wear colorful makeup THIS is the tutorial for you!
- Prep face with derma E Hydrating Serum (c/o). Apply Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation with a beautyblender. Conceal under eye circles with Wander Beauty Dualist Illuminating Concealer (c/o).
- Apply shade 1 from e.l.f. cosmetics Nude Rose Gold Palette (c/o) from lash line to brows. Apply peach shade from e.l.f. Best Friend Eyeshadow Duo in Peach Squad (c/o) from lash line to crease. Apply gold shade from same palette to crease and blend. Line upper lashes with Urban Decay Eyeliner in Perversion and smudge into lashes with a brush.
- Curl eyelashes and apply 2 coats of Revlon Ultra Volume Mascara (c/o) to upper and lower lashes. Apply The Vintage Cosmetic Company Lashes in Nancy (c/o).
- Set under eye concealer with Laura Geller Filter Finish Setting Powder (c/o). Apply bronze shade from e.l.f. Beautifully Bare Natural Glow Face Palette (c/o) to hollows of cheeks and around hair line. Apply blush shade from same palette to apples of cheeks and blend.
- Groom brows with BH Cosmetics Ultimate Brow Palette (c/o).
- Highlight cheekbones, down center of nose, inner corners of eyes and under brows with Urban Decay Afterglow 8 Hour Powder Highlighter in Aura (c/o).
- Apply L’Oreal Infallible Lip Paint in Studded (c/o) to lips to finish.