I know what you’re thinking…airbrush makeup is something you only get for weddings and special occasions and when you do its done by a professional! Well I’m here to tell you that’s definitely NOT the case and that you can easily ((and quickly)) apply airbrush makeup at home any ((and every)) day of the week just like you would apply any other makeup! While it may seem intimidating at first I promise you’ll be a pro in no time!
When Luminess Air sent over their Legend Airbrush System and Starter Kit I was initially thinking of doing an airbrush makeup tutorial, but instead I figured a beginner’s guide to airbrush makeup would be much more beneficial considering most of you probably have never used an airbrush machine before! No matter what your skin type is, what skin imperfections you have or how much makeup you typically wear, airbrush makeup is suitable for you, but first you’ll definitely want to read these tips!
So here they are my 7 tips for getting the best airbrush makeup results!
1. Tie your hair out of your face. This may seem fairly obvious, but it was still something that needed to be mentioned. While the chances of you actually spraying makeup on your hair is slim, you still don’t want that stray hair to distract you and before you know it you’ve got way too much makeup in one spot!
2. Get used to the pressure. Before adding any makeup to the cup, turn on the machine and get used to how much pressure you should apply to the spray throttle. Airbrush makeup should be applied lightly so getting used to the pressure before starting is crucial for flawless application.
3. Always shake each bottle before you use. Liquid makeup can separate so it’s super important to shake up each bottle right before dropping your makeup into the stylus.
4. Match foundation before use. Before applying airbrush foundation it’s important to match it to you skin just like you would with any other foundation. I suggest applying a few shades on your cheek with your finger to see which one matches best in natural light. Pick the closest one and even if its not an exact match since airbrush makeup blends better than a traditional foundation a slight variation will disappear once applied.
5. Keep airbrush stylus 6-8 inches away from face and don’t stop moving it. This is super important because results will look blotchy and spotty if you don’t follow these instructions. I suggest moving your hand in a circular motion for the most seamless application. Lack of hand movement will result in way too heavy application and flawless airbrush makeup is achieved by light coats.
6. Make sure each layer is dry before adding another. If one layer of foundation (or blush, bronzer, etc…) isn’t enough it’s fine to add another layer to achieve the perfect look, but DON’T apply it right away. Make sure the previous layer is completely dry before adding another one.
7. Remember… it’s just makeup and it washes off. If it doesn’t come out great the first time. Try again!
Leave a Reply