I was SOOOOO inspired by Adele’s look at this year’s VMAs that I knew I had to try to recreate it!! This seriously might be my favorite look I’ve EVER done. No joke its the perfect balance of smokey yet cat eye, bronze yet flushed cheek & glossy nude/brown lip! I know the end result doesn’t look exactly like Adele’s look but that is where ALL of my inspiration came from!
mark. Matte Chance Mattifying Lotion
mark. Get Defensive Eye Cream
mark. Primed for Perfection Face Primer
Clinique Redness Solutions Foundation in Calming Honey
Benefit Boi-ing Industrial Strength Concealer
Clinque Stay Matte Sheer Pressed Powder in Invisible Matte
mark. Bronze Pro in Pro Golden
mark. Please Hold Eye Primer
Anastasia Eye Brow Kit
mark. iMark in Wink Wink, Latte & Java
Laura Mercier Tight Line Cake Eye Liner in Black Ebony
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Zero
mark. Touch & Glow Shimmer Cream Cubes
Ardel Accent Lashes
mark. Lash All You Want Mascara in Black
mark. Lipclick in Malt
MAC Clear Lipgloss
I’ve gotten a few requests that a tutorial be done for this so here is the step by step instructions:
- Prep you face with mark. Matte Chance Lotion followed by mark. Get Defensive Eye Cream around eye area. Let moisturizer set on skin then apply mark. Primed for Perfection Face Primer! Primer is extremely important because it not only provides the perfect canvas for foundation but also makes your makeup last all night!
- Apply Clinique Foundation (I used Honey) to face and blend into neck using a foundation brush! Also using the foundation brush I applied Benefit Concealer to entire eye area and down sides of nose to conceal any dark spots. I love using a lighter concealer around my nose because it creates the look of a contoured face – important for me because my face is round!
- Using the sponge in Clinque’s Pressed Powder apply it to your nose, under eyes, forehead and chin – all areas prone to shine. I love this product because its “Invisible” which means there is essentially no color to it & no matter how tan or pale I am it still works!
- Using a flat brush (I used mark.’s Bronzer + Blush Brush) apply mark. Bronze Pro to hollows of cheeks, around hairline, down nose and along your jaw.
- Apply mark. Please Hold Eye Primer from lashline to brow & groom eyebrows with Anastasia Brow Grooming kit (or any powder that matches your brow color & clear brow gel!)
- Apply mark. iMark in Latte to entire lid of eye. Apply mark. iMark in Wink Wink heavily to crease. Apply mark. iMark in Java to outer corners of eyes. & BLEND BLEND BLEND. You blending brush should be your best friend when creating smoky eye looks.
- Using an angled eyeliner brush apply MAC Fluidline to upper lash line, starting with inner corner and working your way out. Continue line beyond the corner of your eye. Apply Urban Decay Eyeliner to heavily to waterline. Then taking a flat eyeliner brush apply Laura Mercier Tightline Eyeliner into lashes along upper and lower lash line. Nothing is worse than apply eyeliner and having that white space between your lashes and the eyeliner. Tightlining is the technique of blending shadow in that area using a brush. Its almost as if you are brush your lashes.
- Using an eyeliner brush apply iMark in Wink Wink under lower lashes and smudge. Apply 2 coats of mark. Lash All You Want Mascara to upper and lower lashes. Apply Ardel Accent Lashes to corners of eyes. Accent lashes are my favorite when doing a cat eye look because they really add to the eyeliner effect.
- Using a makeup sponge apply mark. Touch & Glow Shimmer Cubes on cheekbone, under eyebrow & in inner corners of eyes. This product is a MUST HAVE, it is so versatile! CEW agrees! Touch & Glow received the highest honor a beauty product could receive this year by winning a CEW Beauty Award for Best All Over Face Product!
- Finish with mark. LipClick in Malt to lips, following by a coat of MAC Clear Lipgloss.