I don’t care if you think I look better without makeup on. I’m sorry, but it just needed to be said. I’m so tired of watching these AMAZING makeup tutorials on Facebook only to read the comments afterwards and the overwhelming response is pretty much always something along the lines of “eww they looked so much better before they put all that makeup on.” I get it…if you’re willing to put yourself out there on the Internet then you have to be okay with both the good and the bad responses, but I just DON’T understand why people need to leave completely horrendous comments about how the person in the video “looked so much better without all that junk on her face”.
The reason why I wear makeup ISN’T because I don’t like the way I look without it, I wear makeup because I like the way I look with it…and it’s FUN! Newsflash makeup isn’t permanent. Just because you’re watching a tutorial about how to do a smoky eye or a red lip or an intense metallic silver eye with eyelash extensions and holographic lipgloss (like this!) that doesn’t mean it’s the ONLY look they know how to create and that they wear it everyday for every occasion! Chances are if she’s making video makeup tutorials she’s got more than one trick up her sleeve.
Some of my looks are fun and playful, some are fresh and natural, and some are CRAZY and completely inappropriate for most activities, but guess what that doesn’t mean one is better than another and that doesn’t mean that ANY of them are better than me without any makeup on. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all about wearing appropriate makeup for every occasion…chapstick and bronzer for a pool party…groomed brows, neutral shadow and peachy blush for a day at the office…red lipstick and a couple coats of mascara for date night…etc…but there’s no need to make a big deal about whether someone wears makeup or not! Your choice to wear makeup (a little or a lot of it) is your choice, and whatever your reasoning behind it is shouldn’t matter to anyone else! So I’ll say it again (and this most definitely isn’t the last time you’ll hear me say this) I don’t care if you think I look better without makeup on!
If you DGAF about what other people think about your makeup and want a tutorial on this frosty look scroll down for all the details and products!
- Prep face with derma E Hydrating Serum (c/o). Apply Rimmel London Stay Matte Foundation with e.l.f.’s Foundation Blurring Brush. Conceal under eye circles with Kevyn Aucoin The Etherealist Super Natural Concealer (c/o).
- Apply shade 1 from e.l.f. cosmetics Nude Rose Gold Palette (c/o) from lash line to brows. Apply L’Oreal Infallible Paints Eyeshadow Metallics in Aluminum Foil (c/o) from lash line to crease and blend.
- **I have lashes extensions, so I didn’t wear mascara, but if I didn’t** Curl eyelashes and apply 2 coats of Revlon Ultra Volume Mascara (c/o) to upper and lower lashes.
- Set under eye concealer with Laura Geller Filter Finish Setting Powder (c/o). Apply bronze shade from e.l.f. Beautifully Bare Natural Glow Face Palette (c/o) to hollows of cheeks and around hair line. Apply blush shade from same palette to apples of cheeks and blend.
- Groom brows with Kevyn Aucoin The Precision Brow Pencil (c/o).
- Highlight cheekbones and down center of nose with Urban Decay Afterglow 8 Hour Powder Highlighter in Aura (c/o).
- Apply Kevyn Aucoin The Matte Lip Color Lipstick in Uninterrupted (c/o) to lips topped with Kevyn Aucoin The Molten Lip Color Topcoat in Cyber Opal (c/o).