You guys I have a confession…I fucking love black lipstick! And not like I need an excuse to wear it…but it’s Halloween, and I’ll wear black lipstick if I want to! But seriously, why isn’t black lipstick more acceptable. I mean I think I proved here and here that it can look freaking AWESOME when it’s worn right! I’m going to take advantage of the fact that it’s Halloween and pull out this black lipstick ((that only costs $3 BTW)) at least 2 or 3 more times.
Instead of keeping it plain black I figured I would layer it with metallic gunmetal liquid lipstick since I kept the rest of my face pretty matte, and I feel in love with it. I mean even if you wouldn’t wear black lipstick yourself you can’t deny how cool this layered lip looks!
So what do you think…would you wear black lipstick? I say if you’re going to give it a try there’s no better time to do it than around Halloween!
- Prep face with derma E Hydrating Serum (c/o). Apply Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick with e.l.f.’s Foundation Blurring Brush. Conceal under eye circles with Kevyn Aucoin The Etherealist Super Natural Concealer (c/o).
- Prep lids with Ulta Matte Eye Primer (c/o). Apply bright red shade from BH Cosmetics 88 Colors Standard Matte Eyeshadow Palette (similar) to lids and blend into crease, take same shade and apply along lower lashes. Apply shimmer red shade in crease and blend out. Line upper lashes with Kat Von D Tattoo Liner. Smudge black shadow along lower lashes. Line upper and lower waterline with Urban Decay All Nighter Eyeliner in Perversion.
- Curl eyelashes and apply 2 coats of Revlon Ultra Volume Mascara (c/o) to upper and lower lashes. Apply Ardel Natural Lashes #120.
- Set under eye concealer with Bare Minerals BAREPRO Powder Foundation (c/o). Apply bronze shade from e.l.f. Beautifully Bare Natural Glow Face Palette (c/o) to hollows of cheeks and around hair line. Apply blush shade from same palette to apples of cheeks and blend.
- Groom brows with Kevyn Aucoin The Precision Brow Pencil (c/o).
- Apply e.l.f. Lipstick in Black Out to lips. Finish by gentle applying patting Urban Decay Vice Liquid Lipstick in Studded to bottom lip and center of top lip.